Thursday 14 March 2013

Walking Through the Minds of Planet 125: A Collaborative Poem

This poem was written by seven people focusing on 28 words. It is a surreal journey through the minds of the members of planet 125...

Sleepy Sunday afternoons, the crossword and the smell of pencils,
They began their adventure with
the rebirth of the box and the sharpening of pencils,
The box overflowed with pencils, maths scribblings
and the locket that contained her last hope.
Eleven pencils in a purple box.
While in Biology, my mind went to see Tomb Raider get squashed:
Tomb Raider fighting against an inconsistent fan.
Love that feels like a jungle perspective.
My adventure through the jungle was quite exhilarating:
exhilarating is the creepy jungle with the warmth of adventure.
In this jungle the Avengers resided...
An adventure awaited me with Tomb Raider and the Avengers.
"Creepy jungles are ma thang" Tomb Raider stated.
She hoped to find something of elven culture next.
The Avengers were fighting against Loki with oranges:
they seems to have a good perspective on life,
it was the reason I loved them, the reason I was a fan.
But from a different perspective, the inconsistent love hardened their hearts.
Eleven bottles clinked in the bottle box I carried home,
The berry on the bottle danced cheekily
upon watch the Tomb Raider make an appearance on Glee.
But I missed watching Glee, since it was a Sunday
Watching Glee and revising Biology.
Glee hated Maths, they wanted an adventure.
Sunday was the best day for rebirth.
Never drink orange and berry squash in Biology.
But it was exhilarating to add berry juice to my water:
A single bottle oozing purple juices,
its surface is warm and sticky to the touch:
Every berry with less space than its total volume
until their surfaces contort in a creepy manner.
The cast of Avengers drinking purple berry squash.
The month was August and the air gave in to the warmth.
August Sunday shows a new perspective of warmth and love:
the warmth of the August sun gave me hope.
That day in August was my rebirth - the start of an adventure.
On one creepy Sunday in August, they planned to squash the oranges.
I remember the sound of the fan and
the warmth of that August day
Almost as exhilarating as the warmth of the jungle I am currently in.
The purple fan created an exhilarating mood:
hope, love and warmth all forgotten and replaced with
English, Maths and Biology 
Maths is a jungle of numbers
Maths vs English is a common inconsistency,
or you could meet the man with the box
whilst doing some maths and biology.
Eleven oranges suddenly hit me on the head from above.
Looking up I saw a creepy sight:
"I am number 11" said he, the man with the box
Although the situation was creepy, there was hope.
Oranges taste of hope.
Purple oranges make pencils into bottles and a box into a fan.
I guess this poem is quite inconsistent.


0 comments:

Post a Comment