Wednesday 20 March 2013

Script Thing-a-ma-jig


(Tasha Sniffs white powder set up in lines when John walks in on her doing so)
John: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
Tasha: What? Nothing.
John: YOUR NOSE!
Tasha:... I just have a cold is all
(she wipes her nose on a tissue and attempts to stands but stumbles before giving her brother full eye contact
How did you get in anyway? I thought I locked the door.
John: I got in because I opened it I want a piss. Please don't tell me you are doing what I think you are doing.
Tasha: Why What do you think I am doing
(looses eye contact and puts her hand on the door ready to escape)
John: You weren't taking...
(Tasha interrupts)
Tasha: Hahahaha of course not god your way over protective
(attempts to open door but pushes instead of pulls)
John: Your a mess just stay here sit down let me get you some water
(John leaves. When alone Tasha slides back to the floor and cries and sways to calm her self. John returns with water)
Her you go sip at that. What happened... I thought you might be struggling but I never knew you were getting this bad. Please don't cry
(John attempts to hugs his sister but he stumbles to the floor as he is rather drunk and strocks her hair to calm her)
Tasha: I am sorry.... I just....
John: Please you can tell me
Tasha: I don't want you to be ashamed of me
John: Why would I do that? Your my sister I love you.
(Tasha hides her face with her hands)
Please tell me what is wrong so I can try and fix it.
Tasha: You know how you and Melissa grew up with dad?
John: Yes..?
Tasha:... and you knew she drank
John yes that's why dad left her
Tasha: It doesn't matter.. I am just stressed I suppose
(Tasha laughs it off)
John: NO don't do that to me I have been worried about you for months and you wont say anything to me please just let me in please just let me help you.
Tasha: I am just tired of failing you
John: You don't fail me I am so proud of you
Tasha: Are you kidding me? You have a proper job I am just a waitress who is 1 day off from getting sacked and the worst part is I don't even care... I don't care about any of this I just...
(She stroked the plectrum her father gave her around her neck)
John: What where you going to say about mum?
Tasha: Nothing
John: please.. please don't lie.
(Tasha tries to push him off and move away from him)
Tasha: Please can you go I want to be sick
John: I will hold your hair back for you
Tasha: NO I don't feel sick I want to be sick I need to be sick I just... Please go I need to just go leave me alone I don't need help I am fine
John: I am not leaving you while your like this... does Tarran know how you have been acting you wanting to... be sick?
Tasha Of course he doesn't
(begins to tug at her hair to relieve the stress)
There is nothing for him to know
(She smiles while tears stream down her face)
John: I am not leaving you. I care about you please tell me what happened with mum.
Tasha: nothing she drank she got angry
John: and then?
Tasha: and then?
John: did she.. She didn't hurt you did she
Tasha: I dunno.. I suppose yeah she did... but it I mean it wasn't often
John:... what about that time you broke your collar bone?
Tasha: No that time I was just jamming to S.O.A.D. at the top of the stairs and fell.
(John stairs at her and waits for her to crack)
I promise I am fine.
(she crawls to the toilet and kneels in front of it and she can conveniently no longer see Johns gaze. She remains there for a minuet and neither say anything)

SCENE CHANGE
(Tasha is age 14. (muted sound) Her mother grabbing her by the shoulder and shouting at her for not turning the amplifier down and drags her with her bass around her shoulder from her room to the top of the stairs. Tasha is crying but doesn't respond or fight bag she just tries to pull of the bass in case anything happens to it but doesn't manage it before she gets a shove and looses her balance and falls down the stairs)

SCENE CHANGE
(Back to the bathroom where Tasha proceeds to make her self throw up. John Notices to late for him to stop her and so now cries over his lost little sister)
Tasha: see all better now all that alcohol out of my system I am completely better
John: It wasn't the alcohol I was worried about
(he takes her hand and pulls her to her feet)
Come on your going home
Tasha: NO I am having fun OK?
(she pulls her arm away)
I am going downstairs and I am going to have a good time
(she wipes her mouth clean of the remaining vomit and mucus and opened the door)
Go have your god damn piss!

0 comments:

Post a Comment