Thursday 7 March 2013

Two A's and a C.

I'm getting nearer and nearer
My heart starts to beat faster and faster
The crowd of people around me thickens
The noise levels reach bursting point
Nervous chuckles, whispered prayers to up high
The double doors are becoming closer
I'm feeling faint
My head starts to spin
I've passed the doors now
But my fate is getting closer still
I move in the direction of the letter "L"
I have to stop
The noise is worse inside
There's laughter, tears, screams of happiness
I can't bring myself to move any further
I see my friends receive their fate
For some it's good, for others, not so much
I'm too scared
I don't know what will happen
Finally, my friend takes my arm
and leads me to the table where it will end
"Leecy" I say to the woman
She hands me the piece of paper with a knowing smile
It looks slightly evil but I can't tell
I read the paper with shaky hands and blurred vision
I make out two letters which mark the start
But the last one catches my eye
I can feel tears start to fill up
One manages to leak out and run down my cheek
My friend sees and cuddles me
It's over now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment