Monday 23 January 2012

Prompts 2

Prompt: You have fallen in love.

For months, I had had time to accustom myself to the sight of Heather walking away across the bridge, a pleasant spring in her gait and the pastel glows of a sunset sky offering a backdrop for our parting that was almost too romantic. For months, I had watched her disappear time after time and struggled to swallow down that exact same lump of longing that rose up in my throat and made me wish she didn't have to leave, even if I'd see her again the very next day.

She was the only person I knew who had so much in common with me, who was so much fun to be around, or who was so wonderfully compassionate. She made me feel... wanted. Appreciated. And I had never told her how much I valued that acceptance.

Over the past months, though I didn't quite know how I felt about the fact, I'd come to realise something. I was falling in love with this one-of-a-kind girl.

0 comments:

Post a Comment