Monday 23 January 2012

Prompts 1

Prompt: You wish you hadn't said what you just said.

I had a habit of blurting things out without thinking them through. More often than not, it got me into quite a bit more trouble than it was worth; trouble from which even my way with words tended not to save me. Judging now from the look upon Alyssia's face, a combination of deathly sorrow and seething disgust at what I'd just said about her elder brother Michael, this was one of those moments.

I'd have had a bit more tact if I'd known Michael had been killed.

Almost of their own accord, I felt my reactions spread across my face one after the other; a wide-eyed stare of horrified realisation, the parting of my mouth in a vain attempt to muster an answer, then a pained grimace of disappointment in myself for having said such a vile thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment