Monday 12 March 2012

Swan.

I watch upon the river bank,
Sapphire waves a washing low,
The gentle reeds and willow trees
Through the waves they go.

Upon the waves swims a swan,
A silver, glowing light,
It's orange beak and orange feet
Rise in graceful flight.

This gentle swan is gliding,
Almost dancing in the air,
It's brightened eyes match brightened skies
With such a graceful air.

As I clumsily watch from the river bank,
Webbed feet plunged in dirt,
An ugly duckling, I keep on sulking,
And I can't help but feel hurt.

My charcoal feathers ruffle,
As my darkened eyes doth stare,
My ink black beak and ink black feet,
Turn away - I do not care.

This pretty Swan is showing off,
Though look the same. they do,
Come Summer bright, I will take flight,
And, Swan, I'll look like you.

1 comments:

Planet125 said...

I love this. :D I love how it connects to The Ugly Duckling, and I really, really love the message behind it. Just like the video you uploaded the other day. :)
-Becca

Post a Comment