Thursday 15 March 2012

Lipstick and Stilettos

Mum and Dad were on a holiday, a "weekend away" that's what Uncle Oliver said. Uncle Oliver was downstairs, pacing in the hall way, in his grey jacket. Aunt Judy tells gim to wash it every week, but it still smells of old cigar smoke."Judy, Hannah!" he's claling upstairs, he sounds like he's smiling,
"Oh, that man," Aunt Judy mumbles as she's pasting red lipstick on in the mirror, "Coming darling!" she then calls.
I'm sat on the bed, in my white and red spoty dress. Uncle Oliver is taking us out, I'm excited but Aunt Judy's panicing, totering around the room in tights, stilettos and make-up,
"I just don't know what to wear!" she exclaims, she was wearing a black dress with lace sleves before, but apparantly it was wrong.
"You could wear your jeans," I said, she stared at me and laughed, I don't know why, "Can I downstairs?" I then ask, she tuts as she pulls a red silk skirt out of her wardrobe,
"Oh no!" she beams, "It can be us up here, girls together!" Aunt Judy only has boys, so I think that's why she's making a fuss of dressing up. I nod and sit silently as she tries on her fifth outfit of the evening. We still managed to make the reservation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment