Thursday 24 May 2012

The Birth of a Planet - A dedication to an amazing group of writers and a very fun year.

The Birth of a Planet

Many millions of years ago,
or so it seems,
a planet was born.
A brand new delivery:
 The first in the galaxy of SMC.
 Particles
drawn together by a force:
the need to compile,
create, compose
poetry and prose.
Particles collide
share and confide
and side by side,
they form a planet.
Christened 125
it thrives:
animated by imagination,
inspired by words.
All are welcome on this planet
by rights
Bloggers, Poets, cynics,
And the wearers of yellow tights.
Even Hufflepuffs
are admitted
As long as they are committed
There is no gravity on this planet,
In this room,
where writers bloom,
all of whom
I will miss. 

4 comments:

Planet125 said...

I AM SHEDDING TEARS MADE OF STRETCHY YELLOW COTTON AND LYCRA BLENDS
I WANT TO HUG EVERYONE BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE... INTERNET

Planet125 said...

Becca! Sorry you missed the last one... It wasn't the same without your colourful presence! Come to the office when you are next in so I can give you details of the open mic thing and get your email address for further updates...

Unknown said...

Well I just found this again and now I'm crying too...

Mary Sharples said...

And you've just made me read this again Jayne and now I'm crying all over again... They were fun times. It was nice to bump into you randomly the other day!

Post a Comment